Thanks to all those who attended our 4th community meeting on Wednesday, May 17. We were thrilled to have a packed house as we presented the consensus conceptual design for the future Francisco Park. For those who could not attend or would like a recap of all community meetings, click here. A very sincere thank you to those who submitted comments, completed the online survey, and attended meetings. Because of your input, the park design better reflects the community’s needs and wishes.
A look back at our community outreach process, by the numbers:
- 5+ years of community outreach dating back to 2012
- 4 community meetings hosted in partnership with the SF Rec & Parks Department
- 200+ overall meeting attendees offering feedback and asking questions
- 40+ written comment cards received
- 900+ submissions through the online design survey
- 20+ community groups engaging with the design process and/or endorsing the project
The Francisco Park Conservancy will now move into the next steps of the City’s permitting process. As we move forward, we will have opportunities for the public to continue to engage on specific park elements, such as the children’s playground and community garden. If you would like to be involved in those small group discussions or simply have a question or comment, please contact us at info@FranciscoPark.org. To stay up-to-date on the park’s progress, subscribe to our newsletter by clicking here.
Notice: Francisco Park will present the park’s conceptual design at the Arts Commission’s Civic Design Review meeting on Monday, June 19 at 2:00 pm at 401 Van Ness Street, Suite 125. This meeting is open to the public.